Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Week 17 - October 12, 2011

Sooner or later these babies are going to force me to slow down!  While this week has been full of napping and resting in the recliner, we had another fun weekend on the go.  The babies got to attend their first Chicago Blackhawks game on Saturday with our close friends & neighbors, Mike and Erica.  We figured this would probably be my last game for quite a while and my hockey sweater was one of the few shirts that still fit me comfortably!  It was an all-around fun night - the Blackhawks won 5-2, my favorite player Jonathan Toews scored, we got to try a new restaurant that I’ll have to go back to when I’m NOT pregnant (the Beer Bistro), and we even stayed after the game to watch players head back to their cars.  Ryan loved trying to figure out who’s Bentley he was drooling over, and we all got laughs as we watched Patrick Kane climb into a huge Hummer with four pretty girls.  This is probably my favorite picture from the game…

Cousins smile for the camera

On Sunday, we had another really great day.  We headed to Rochelle for a BBQ at the Chisamore’s house where we got to see good friends, meet Seth & Jaclyn’s 3-year-old triplets, and visit with their extended family.  Jaclyn has been a HUGE help by emailing me answers to all my questions and offering advice as someone who’s been through it.  Since they don’t live in the area, it was so nice to finally meet them face-to-face.  The triplets were adorable, and it was fun to see them interact with each other and their cousins.  We figured we would leave that visit either feeling really overwhelmed or really excited, and I’m happy to report that we’re more excited than ever!  Between the Chisamores and Reinecks, there were so many kiddos of all ages running around, that it was great to see them all.  I’m so thankful for all of their encouragement, advice, and suggestions – it meant a lot to Ryan and I that we got to be a part of their day! The never-ending plates of dessert helped too...

All three wanted to climb on mom!

Boys will be boys!

So far this week has not been quite as smooth.  Monday, I let my boss know that I’d only be working through the last week of November before taking it easy and being home for a while.  That’s right at the 24-week mark which is some of the most crucial time for the triplets and their survival.  Tuesday I ended up coming home early from work with some dizziness and a headache.  I’m not sure if it was the warm, stuffy afternoon meeting that did me in, but I came home and slept for a few extra hours and that seemed to help.  I have my next doctor’s appointment this Friday, so I’ll talk to the doctor about it then. One of my biggest concerns is preeclampsia which is affects only 5-8% of singleton pregnancies but 1 in 3 with multiples.  It seems a little early to start worrying about it, but some of the signs can be changes in vision and headache so it’s just something to be mindful of at this point.  Other than that, we’re taking things one day at a time and trying to eat and rest as much as possible.  We’ll keep you posted on Friday’s appointment! 


2 comments:

Trisha Rodeghero said...

Hope you are feeling better. I will continue to pray for you. Call me with any questions about anything like that. I was put on bedrest the day I found out I was pregnant with Taelynn. I ended up on bedrest a total of 19 weeks and was hospitalized 6 weeks before we took her emergency c-section. I loved my MFM Doctors. They were great and really helped me through those 6 weeks since they specialize in this. I didn't have pre-clampsia but many of the patients I was in the hospital with did. I will continue to pray for you and your littles.

Ruth & Mike Noe said...

Hi guys! Love that you are blogging your way through this pregnancy. Such an exciting time and you are obviously loved! We will be praying for you both as you continue with this amazing adventure! Keep the pictures and stories coming.