Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week 24 - December 3, 2011

Wow, it's really December already?!?  It seems so hard to believe - time has been flying by lately.  This last week has had several milestones and important days.  For starters, I had my last day of work at the DCCF on the 30th, so I'll be resting from now until the babies arrive.  My office held a holiday open house that afternoon so it was a nice ending to the year.  Fortunately I managed to leave with just watery eyes and not a full-blown sob-fest.

I've also hit that critical week 24 milestone.  Hooray!! At this point, the babies are considered "viable" and would have a 50% chance of survival if they were born today.  So far, there are no signs that they should be arriving this early, but it's still a little scary to think there's always that chance.  Our next goal is to make it to the 28 week mark where their viability jumps to 90%.  My next appointment will be on Friday, so I'm just taking things one day at a time.  I think the reality is starting to sink in for me that we're really going to have three babies sometime soon.  I have no idea what our lives will look like...which is both terrifying and extremely exciting.  I am constantly reaffirmed that God's got it all covered and worrying about things won't do any good.  I'm trusting that He'll not only "get us through" this, but that it will be one of the best and most memorable times of our lives.

To help prepare for these little guys, my sister-in-law threw me a baby shower on Saturday.  It was absolutely amazing and I felt really loved by all of the Harris family and friends that came out to support us.  It was great to catch up with the people that we didn't get to see at Thanksgiving as well as chat with old friends.  These boys are going to be so loved and spoiled, I can see it already.  A huge thank you to Bethany, my mother-in-law, Harris cousins, Alicia, Lauren, and all others who helped out for such a great day!


No comments: