Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 25 - December 15, 2011

Well I was hoping that my hospital stay was nearing an end, but it's difficult to tell at this point.  I'm still having around 3 contractions an hour, which could be considered "normal" with triplets, but still isn't ideal.  I just finished my last dose of the contraction-stopping drug, Indomethacin, and will start on a new drug, Nifedipine, tonight.  It's primarily used to treat high-blood pressure, but also helps reduce contractions, so they'll monitor my blood pressure closely to make sure it doesn't drop.  The boys' heartbeats all continue to look good and I imagine the docs will check cervical length in the next few days to see if it has shortened at all.  They keep reassuring me that my body is just doing what it's meant to do and that I shouldn't beat myself up over it.  There's nothing I could have done to prevent the contractions, and even full bed rest wouldn't necessarily stop them.  The contractions may continue from here on out, but our main concern should really be the cervical length.  As long as that's good, these boys should have plenty of more time to grow.  I guess we just wait and see, it's hard to imagine this for another 6 weeks, but that's my hope.  For now, I'll just rest, drink lots of water, and listen to the experts!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Glad to hear that you are having a positive attitude :) this is a hard job and you are doing good work!

Anonymous said...

Allison keep up the good work and positive attitude. Maggie Knol is praying for you in CA. don't know if you remember but your mom and I used to walking buddies in Greencroft.